Helen Seymour has devoted nearly 400 hours to Douglas County CASA, advocating as a CASA on behalf of 3 children, serving in many roles on the Board, working as a gifted fund raiser, and being a charming ambassador for the agency. She has hosted CASA meetings in her home, donated food for volunteer trainings, donated gifts for kids, made the CASA staff feel appreciated, and inspires others to serve. Helen’s passion for the work of CASA allows CASA to continue to “make a difference” in the lives of abused children.
- Great Start Meal Packaging Event
During the Great Start Pack 2014, volunteers will gather to assemble 40,000 meals for our local food pantries. We need 330 volunteers for this event so we hope you will join us! The Great Start Packaging Event will be held on National Make a Difference Day, Saturday, Oct 25, from 3:00-5:00 pm, in the Commons at Free State High School, 4700 Overland Drive. This fun event is a great opportunity for families, youth organizations, faith groups, workplace groups, and civic organizations to Live United by volunteering together to make a big difference in the lives of our most fragile neighbors. Volunteers must register for this event. Click on the “Special Events” tab at the top of this page. For assistance, please contact 785-865-5030.
Watch the one-minute video above to learn about how to use our new site, or contact the United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center for assistance!
- Teri P: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Susan S: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Linda R: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Trystan B: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- d C: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Katlin C: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Andre C: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Grandaughter M: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Lisa S: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Robin M: joined the site - Oct 22, 2014
- Lawrence Humane Society: posted a new need "PetCo Kitty Care" - 5 days ago
- Ten Thousand Villages - Lawrence: posted a new need "Social media coordinator" - Oct 15, 2014
- Lawrence Arts Center: posted a new need "Front Desk Volunteer" - Oct 14, 2014
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center: posted a new employment opportunity "Health and Wellness Program Coordinator" - Oct 13, 2014