The Sandefur Family, Brian, Ashley, Colin, Harper, and Patrick, have volunteered as a family for 5 years with Family Promise. They provide hospitality, food, and companionship to guests of Family Promise. The relationships formed last long after families graduate from the program. They also coordinate other volunteers and serve as a wonderful example, encouraging others families to become involved.
- Tips for Being a Successful Volunteer
A good volunteer can make a real difference in the community. To do a good job and make a great impression, follow these tips. Always arrive on time (or early) and stay until your shift is over. When you volunteer, other people depend on you. If you're late or leave early, it could be detrimental to everyone's day. Always arrive early or on-time for your volunteer assignment and stay until your shift is complete. If you have to be late or miss a day or leave early, call ahead to let your supervisor know.
Watch the one-minute video above to learn about how to use our new site, or contact the United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center for assistance!
- Susan E: joined the site - Sep 2, 2014
- muriah b: replied to the Need "Volunteer Childcare Assistant Teachers" - Sep 1, 2014
- muriah b: joined the site - Sep 1, 2014
- Maria E: joined the site - Aug 31, 2014
- Anne H: joined the site - Aug 30, 2014
- Richard B: joined the site - Aug 30, 2014
- Elissa H: replied to the Need "Member of the Headquarters Board of Directors" - Aug 28, 2014
- Elissa H: joined the site - Aug 28, 2014
- Abby v: became a fan of "Theatre Lawrence" - Aug 28, 2014
- Abby v: became a fan of "United Way Of Douglas County" - Aug 28, 2014
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department: posted a new need "Assist an Older Adult Hang Pictures & Curtains" - 1 day ago
- Independence, Inc.: posted a new event "23rd Street Brewery Giveback Day!" - 1 day ago
- Independence, Inc.: posted a new event "Gaslight Benefit Show!" - 1 day ago
- Friends of Hidden Valley, Inc.: posted a new event "Hidden Valley Cabin and Garden Workday" - 4 days ago