The Sandefur Family, Brian, Ashley, Collin, Harper, and Patrick, have volunteered as a family for 5 years with Family Promise. They provide hospitality, food, and companionship to guests of Family Promise. The relationships formed last long after families graduate from the program. They also coordinate other volunteers and serve as a wonderful example, encouraging others families to become involved.
- Tips for Being a Successful Volunteer
A good volunteer can make a real difference in the community. To do a good job and make a great impression, follow these tips. Always arrive on time (or early) and stay until your shift is over. When you volunteer, other people depend on you. If you're late or leave early, it could be detrimental to everyone's day. Always arrive early or on-time for your volunteer assignment and stay until your shift is complete. If you have to be late or miss a day or leave early, call ahead to let your supervisor know.
Watch the one-minute video above to learn about how to use our new site, or contact the United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center for assistance!
- Desmond G: became a fan of "Douglas County CASA" - Aug 22, 2014
- Desmond G: replied to the Need "Volunteer Counselor" - Aug 22, 2014
- Desmond G: became a fan of "Community Village Lawrence" - Aug 22, 2014
- Desmond G: joined the site - Aug 22, 2014
- Lauren L: replied to the Need "Caring Cuisine: Hospice meal delivery volunteer" - Aug 22, 2014
- Ashley D: joined the site - Aug 22, 2014
- Nick M: joined the site - Aug 21, 2014
- Gardner B: replied to the Need "Twitter guru needed to post volunteer opportunities!" - Aug 21, 2014
- Gardner B: replied to the Need "Graphic Designer" - Aug 21, 2014
- Gardner B: joined the site - Aug 21, 2014
- First Step at Lake View, a program of DCCCA Inc.: posted a new need "Volunteer Childcare Assistant Teachers" - About 12 hours ago
- Headquarters Counseling Center: posted a new need "Volunteer Counselor" - 2 days ago
- Headquarters Counseling Center: posted a new need "Member of the Headquarters Board of Directors" - 2 days ago
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center: posted a new event "Safety Planning with Survivors of Domestic Violence Workshop" - Aug 08, 2014