Alicia Cusano volunteers as a Shelter Advocate for the Willow Domestic Violence Center. In addition to providing compassionate support to residents of the Shelter, Alicia regularly takes extra shifts as needed and also provides training sessions to other volunteer advocates. Alicia is especially talented at building rapport with children at the shelter. Many residents look forward to Alicia's arrival--the bright spot to their day.
- Reality U
Looking for a fun volunteer opportunity for yourself, your organization, or business? Reality U is a great opportunity to encourage teens to stay in school and stay connected with their coursework. Reality U provides a valuable service to teens—helping them learn to determine spending priorities and budget their money. The goals of Reality U are to show teens that their performance in school today will affect their future, and give teens a chance to learn and practice personal finance skills in a fun way. Come work one of the 14 stations of life as an adviser to teens making purchasing decisions for their projected 26-year-old life. Training and all information and supplies are provided. To register to volunteer, please click on "Special Events" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Watch the one-minute video above to learn about how to use our new site, or contact the United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center for assistance!
- Ashley D: replied to the Need "Planning Team for Make a Difference Day Project" - Sep 21, 2014
- Ashley D: replied to the Need "Member of the Headquarters Board of Directors" - Sep 21, 2014
- Kailea B: replied to the Need "Feeding Program Volunteer" - Sep 20, 2014
- Kailea B: joined the site - Sep 20, 2014
- Alexander O: replied to the Need "November Book Sale Help Needed" - Sep 19, 2014
- Alexander O: replied to the Need "September Book Sale Volunteers" - Sep 19, 2014
- Ella M: joined the site - Sep 19, 2014
- Stacie E: replied to the Need "Routine Outdoor Workdays: 4 times per year" - Sep 19, 2014
- Alexander O: replied to the Need "October Book Sale help needed" - Sep 19, 2014
- kristen r: joined the site - Sep 19, 2014
- United Way Of Douglas County: posted a new need "Event Planning Committee for Born Learning Trail Grand Opening" - 1 day ago
- Independence, Inc.: posted a new need "Local church needs help" - 2 days ago
- Audio-Reader: posted a new need "Newsletter Layout Designer" - 2 days ago
- Friends of the Lawrence Public Library: posted a new need "November Book Sale Help Needed" - 3 days ago