Alicia Cusano volunteers as a Shelter Advocate for the Willow Domestic Violence Center. In addition to providing compassionate support to residents of the Shelter, Alicia regularly takes extra shifts as needed and also provides training sessions to other volunteer advocates. Alicia is especially talented at building rapport with children at the shelter. Many residents look forward to Alicia's arrival--the bright spot to their day.
- Reality U
Looking for a fun volunteer opportunity for yourself, your organization, or business? Reality U is a great opportunity to encourage teens to stay in school and stay connected with their coursework. Reality U provides a valuable service to teens—helping them learn to determine spending priorities and budget their money. The goals of Reality U are to show teens that their performance in school today will affect their future, and give teens a chance to learn and practice personal finance skills in a fun way. Come work one of the 14 stations of life as an adviser to teens making purchasing decisions for their projected 26-year-old life. Training and all information and supplies are provided. To register to volunteer, please click on "Special Events" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Watch the one-minute video above to learn about how to use our new site, or contact the United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center for assistance!
- Jessica W: replied to the Need "Case Management Volunteer/Internship Opportunity" - Sep 30, 2014
- Jessica W: replied to the Need "Telemedicine Support Volunteer" - Sep 30, 2014
- Jessica W: replied to the Need "Douglas County Court Advocate Volunteer" - Sep 30, 2014
- Nia R: replied to the Need "A Kansas Nutcracker costume help" - Sep 30, 2014
- Nia R: replied to the Need "Costume Shop/Trunk Sale help" - Sep 30, 2014
- Nia R: joined the site - Sep 30, 2014
- Joe R: joined the site - Sep 30, 2014
- Ashley D: replied to the Need "To help us communicate by managing our contact lists" - Sep 30, 2014
- Sujata M: replied to the Need "To help us communicate by managing our contact lists" - Sep 29, 2014
- Sujata M: joined the site - Sep 29, 2014
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center: posted a new need "Working Directly With Survivors We Serve" - 1 day ago
- Communities In Schools At Kennedy Elementary: posted a new need "Elementary School After-School Tutors" - Sep 24, 2014
- United Way Of Douglas County: posted a new event "Volunteer Managers Group Meeting--Nov 18" - Sep 23, 2014
- United Way Of Douglas County: posted a new need "Event Planning Committee for Born Learning Trail Grand Opening" - Sep 19, 2014